Some how I lost my photography mojo so there isn’t much for this post. Tomorrow’s another day.
I really want to take a PIlates class–my body really needs something besides walking and I just don’t have the discipline or a mat (there are no rugs in the apartment) to do it myself. So we went for coffee at Del Doge, made a nice tour of the Rialto market and walked over the bridge to Campo San Luca where Formamentis, the Pilates studio is. I got myself signed up for a class tomorrow. All good!
Then our mission was to go to Vascellari to get me some new glasses. What fun! Like Susie said, the guy is full of opinions, which I really appreciated. I ended up getting 2 pairs of the same ones in different colors–one is bright bluish purple and the other is a matte finished dark green. He says I will be able to pop the lenses in and out with ease so I can have both. I was a little disappointed when he told me I should wait until I got home to get the lenses–because they are so expensive here, especially for progressives. Anyway, it was a totally fun experience.
Moving on we stopped in Aliani, a favorite shop from past trips. We got some prosciutto, salami, cheese and a savory torta with spinach and ricotta. They no longer sell cooked, prepared foods there but they were very nice and we got what we wanted.
At 1:00 we met Wendy and Rob, great Slow Travel friends from California, at Vini Da Gigio for a fabulous lunch. I spotted this No Grandi Navi flag just outside of the window:
The meal was wonderful–the best we’ve had in Venice so far. I wish I had a photo of the veggie plate I got for my first course. It was so beautifully composed and absolutely perfectly cooked and seasoned. Then for my second I had a mix of fried moeche (very small soft shell crabs) and razor clams. These are two of my very favorite Venetian treats so I was in heaven.
At the end of the meal we all had a fabulous golden grappa. I’m no grappa connoisseur
but it was certainly the best I’ve ever had!
We walked with Wendy and Rob for a while on Strada Nova and finally said goodbye. I was really glad Ken could meet them!
The afternoon was lazy. We went out and got bread and mostly just read, looked at our computers and napped. Rain in the evening was a good excuse to stay in and do more of the same.

Comments are closed.